Tuesday, my day

 Today is my turn to share a devotional to Gospel of Grace Ministry, and I should also share this on the blog. The theme for today's devotional is the power of words. The Bible says in Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits."

The tongue is the most underrated organ in the body, with no bones, made of just muscles. Are we mindful of the things we say? What kind of sayings come out of our mouths, do they destroy or do they build ? I came across another interesting scripture in the book of James, chapter 3 verse 8-10 ; "but no one can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. with it we use to bless our lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so." This verse hit hard.

People us their tongues to praise and worship God at church on Sunday, but they are cursing people during the week, the bible says that that is not how it is supposed to be be. What has been said is the same as what has been done, it cannot be reversed, hence we should always be conscious of the words that come out of our mouths. 

Let me ask you this; how much attention do you pay to the words you say ?Don't forget to engage, follow,share, and watch out for my next post...

 I love you, but Jesus loves you more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A moment of confusion: story of my life

Happy New Week

Being a student/ learner